BAWSCA and its participating member agencies are offering rebates of up to $100 per toilet if you replace a toilet that uses 3.5 gallons per flush (GPF) or more with an EPA WaterSense Labeled HET.
As of July 1, 2014, some participating BAWSCA member agencies are also offering rebates of up to $50 per toiler if you replace a toilet that uses 1.6 GPF or more with an EPA WaterSense Labeled toilet.
- HET Rebate Application
- Link to EPA WaterSense Labeled HETs
- Measure Existing Toilet Flush Volume
- List of Participating BAWSCA Cities/Agencies
What are HETs?
HETs are modern water-efficient toilets that are designed to use 1.3 GPF or less. Although they use less water, they perform well and remove waste efficiently. Click here to learn more about HETs. To learn more about HET performance testing click here.
To Qualify for a Rebate:
- The toilet you are replacing uses 3.5 GPF or more, OR
- The toilet you are replacing uses 1.6 GPF and are a customer of an agency that offers rebates for replacing 1.6 GPF toilets. See Participating BAWSCA Cities/Agencies list.
- Click here to learn how to measure a toilet flush volume.
- The toilet that you purchased must be an EPA WaterSense Labeled HET.
- You must have water service from one of the Participating BAWSCA Cities/Agencies.
- HET installation and rebate application postmark must be completed within 90 days of purchase date.
- CUSTOMERS OF DALY CITY MUST PRE-QUALIFY BY CALLING (650) 991-8203.
- Applicants must contact their local water agency to pre-qualify if Applicant is: (1) not listed on the water service account, (2) a customer of Estero Municipal Improvement District, or (3) a commercial customer of Coastside County Water District.
- Additional program eligibility rules and details are listed on the HET Rebate Application.
To Apply for a Rebate:
- Download and print the HET Rebate Application.
- Fill out the application and mail it and the original receipt for your HET to:
BAWSCA, 155 Bovet Road, Suite 650, San Mateo, CA 94402.
- Your application will be reviewed and processed by your city or water supplier within eight (8) weeks.
If you have water conservation related questions, please call 650-349-3000.
Left photo courtesy of the Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center