BAWSCA and its participating member agencies are offering rebates of: 1) up to $125 per toilet if you replace an existing toilet with a MaP Premium HET or 2) up to $75 if you replace an existing toilet with a standard EPA WaterSense Labeled HET.
- HET Rebate Application
- Link to MaP Premium HETs
- Link to EPA WaterSense Labeled HETs
- Measure Existing Toilet Flush Volume
- List of Participating BAWSCA Cities/Agencies
What are HETs?
WaterSense labeled HETs are modern water-efficient toilets that are designed to use 1.28 GPF or less and meet a minimum MaP threshold of 350 grams of waste removed from the toilet fixture in a single flush. Although they use less water, they perform well and remove waste efficiently. Click here to learn more about HETs. Learn more about HET performance testing.
MaP Premium HETs are represent the most efficient toilets available in the market. In addition to meeting the rigorous performance standards of the WaterSense labeled toilets, MaP Premium toilets must use 1.06 gallons per flush or less and meet a minimum MaP threshold of 600 grams of waste removed from the toilet in a single flush.
To Qualify for a Rebate:
- To qualify for the $125 rebate, the toilet that you purchase must be a MaP Premium HET.
- To qualify for the $75 rebate, the toilet that you purchase must be an EPA WaterSense Labeled HET (effective January 1, 2014, all toilets purchased at retail locations in California should meet this criteria).
- You must have water service from one of the Participating BAWSCA Cities/Agencies.
- HET installation and rebate application postmark must be completed within 90 days of purchase date.
- Customers of Daly City must pre-qualify by calling (650) 991-8203.
- Applicants must contact their local water agency to pre-qualify if Applicant is: (1) not listed on the water service account, (2) a customer of Estero Municipal Improvement District, or (3) a commercial customer of Coastside County Water District.
- Additional program eligibility rules and details are listed on the HET Rebate Application.
To Apply for a Rebate:
- Download and print the HET Rebate Application.
- Fill out the application and mail it and the original receipt for your HET to: BAWSCA, 155 Bovet Road, Suite 650, San Mateo, CA 94402.
- Your application will be reviewed and processed by your city or water supplier within eight (8) weeks.
If you have water conservation related questions, please call 650-349-3000. Left photo courtesy of the Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center